Wapsi Valley 4-H Club
Second Sundays of each month at 6 pm
St. Paul's United Church of Christ, 315 North Main St., Wheatland
Membership consists of boys and girls in grades 4th through 12th. 4-H helps members to develop life skills that they can use the rest of their lives: Building a positive self-esteem; communication, decision-making, citizenship and leadership skills; learning how to learn and the ability to cope with change are all life skills which are an important part of the 4-H program. The goal of 4-H is to help each 4-Her to develop to the fullest of their potential.
Members are encouraged to develop life skills through activities and projects. They may choose to do projects in a wide variety of project areas ranging from aerospace to woodworking. 4-H is full of fun times; working and playing with others, including community service projects, camps, trips and other club activities.
Wapsi Valley Club members have participated in the following activities:
- Club Lock-in
- Valentine’s for Wheatland Manor residents
- Presentations – at local, county and state levels
- Ditch Cleaning
- Family Cookout
- Wheatland Sommerfest – Parade participants, watermelon and water balloon sales
- Club Campout
- Project Work Days
- Entered projects in the Clinton County Club Show
- Record Book Workshop and Completion
- Annual Banquet
- Family Night
- Officer Training
- Bake Sales
- County-wide Roller Skating Party
- Caroling and Cookies to Shut-ins
- Wheatland Winter Festival – Santa’s helpers and Make & Take Tables
- New Members Workshop
- County and State Camps and Conferences
Clover Kids – Do you have a child in kindergarten – 3rd grade? Contact the Clinton County Extension Service to find how your child can join Clover Kids.
My Head to clearer thinking,
My Heart to greater loyalty,
My Hands to larger service,
My Health for better living,
For my club, my community, my country and my world.